There was a plan to go and find instances in folklore to provide some sort of evidence of source material for why these creature should turn to stone. but instead I am not going to cite anything because this is a blog and I can do what I want.
Monday, September 14, 2020
Thursday, September 10, 2020
In the Temple of Nodens the Dream Elves speak of other Gods and cults that ruled Marmo in the past.
Saturday, August 22, 2020
I published a short video explanation of the state my skirmish wargame is at. It's called The Storm. It is very much a work in progress. Frankly, it had been languishing since the demise of google+. Anyway, you can check out the video diary here (it's really just audio with some slides):
You can check out the game on itch here: The Storm
Monday, June 15, 2020
Return of Klang - Session Report 6/14 - That Time Xylarthen Joined the Team and the Decided to Enslave a Dragon
Sunday, June 14, 2020
Ludul: Priest of Nodens
- Weird tentacle Moustache
- Was dreamy and detached even before worshipping god of dreams
- Still likes to drink too much
Weird Elves: Newly Awakened Residents
Fablon Wagshank: Dream WarriorFablon is the former leader of the corpse worshippers and now runs the bar, Tehedrin's Final Rest
- shakes with excitement when imagining violence
- Messianic Ideation
Carousing at the Bar Tehedrin's Final Rest
- Roll a d8.
- Remember that number
- Multiply that number by 50. You gain that much xp and pay that much in gp to the bar.
- Divide the number by 2 (round up) and Subtract it from your constitution score and remember that number too. Let's call this your "party score"
- Roll a d20.
- If the number is under your party score everything is fine. the end.
- If that number is over your party score, you have vomited on one of the prominent NPCs in town and cannot use their services until you make a gift to them of 100gp * your level.
Aleena Lymro: Head of the Larchmont Memorial Clinic
- obsessed with earwax
- white knuckled
Xylarthen: New Wizard in the Tower
- Handsy (sigh)
- Has no emotional investment in whether anyone lives or dies
Wizarding Services and Costs
- Reincarnation: There is a 35% chance that Xylarthen has a scroll of reincarnation on hand. If he does it costs 10,000 gp to get reincarnated.
- Remove Curse: Xylarthen will cast remove curse for 400gp + 100 gp for every level your character is over level 4. You will have to wait 1d4 days for him to memorize the spell.
- Spell tutelage: If you want to learn a spell that Xylarthen knows, he will teach it to you for 200gp * spell level for spells level 1-3 and 500gp * spell level for levels 4 and up.
- Divination: 1/week Xylarthen can cast the 4th level spell question (Blueholme p. 34) for 500gp. You will have to wait 1d4 days for Xylarthen to have time.
Mo Afsa: Black Smith
Nupo the Gnome: Merchant, General Store Owner
Friday, June 5, 2020
I have a lot to work on for the future too. I gotta keep plugging away at those eyes. Thinner coats for whites and more control of the viscosity of the paint when I am doing faces. Better pinwashing technique, the list goes on and on.
I also have a lot more to learn about photography. I have really failed to catch the contrast between the bronze and the very dark blue/black on Hozoin In'ei's armor (That's the leader up front).
These were mostly a blast to paint. Hozoin's right arm had a big gap that needed filling (something else I need to improve on) My least favorite dude is hiding in the first picture. So let's look at the second picture.
His grumpy face is kind of cool though. You can also see how I am experimenting with eyes here. This guy I focused on pupils and in some of the others I focused on the whites of the eyes. I need to get some guys with exaggerated eyes to work on. I think my leack of enthusiasm for his breast plate is apparent in this photo.
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
|Raglom the Wizard wearing the Helm shortly before taking|
a fireball to the face and dying. The helm was recovered from his corpse.
Yes, beer bottles represent flying.
There was a plan to go and find instances in folklore to provide some sort of evidence of source material for why these creature should turn...
Part I: The Source Material Here is the Book the Fantasy Terrain Around it Represents the Wreckage of Toxic Masculinity A lot o...
My friend bought Perilous Dark and we were playing through the campaign cooperatively before the pandemic. We didn’t love it for many of t...
I hated read magic when I was a kid. Read Magic was the first chink in the armor, the first time I doubted the infa...