Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Book of War Battle Report

Tonight I played a short game of using Delta's Book of War rules. I was introducing one of my D&D players to the mass combat because my group will be taking part in a siege in a few weeks. You can see we have some very fancy miniatures.

It was a sunny day. Not at all a good day for goblin light infantry to be battling some pikemen over a nearly 60' wide bridge. That wasn't going to stop my collection of 120 goblins from charging 100 pikemen.  


Here is the initial charge. Note that the goblins are being supported by 20 light archers on a hill.
Also there are 20 peasants having a picnic by the pond in the distance.



The Pikemen were supported by 40 archers. They fired into the goblins as they charged. The goblins started to feel less sure about their charge as they faced down the pikes on the other side of the choke.

My wife is very happy that she has the upper hand over my goblins.
Luckily no units had a movement of more than 12" because
our tape measures are all at the house we are renovating.


Discretion is often the better part of valor. The goblins try to head for a nearby wood to negate the advantage that the pikemen have in the open. But alas, they are chased and cut down without mercy. My archers also rout after taking losses.

The goblins flee past the peasant picnic.


 only 10 goblins escape the pikemen. The archers rally but decide that running off the table is in fact the best course of action (not shown).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon Meshi for Dungeons and Dragons: Ape to Bear

 I was talking to a friend on twitter. This is my one internet friend I have who I met in person at a con. He wanted a supplement based on s...