Saturday, June 1, 2019

What Did I Just Read?

I'm just going to ramble about a book I read while taking some long bus rides this weekend.



I couple months ago I bought an adult fantasy novel by accident.  I thought it would be a typical Conan knock off but no the 33rd installment of the Richard Blade series: Killer Plants of Binnark is the type of book that features our subplot where one of the characters tries to force the main character to breed with her 14 year old daughter after she has sex with him. After a brief discussion Richard Blade agrees to marry the daughter and then has sex with the mother again. Also, there are man eating plants.

Here is an overview of the main conceit of the series from the Glorious Trash Blog:

 It’s pretty goofy, a long-running melding of the men's adventure genre with heroic fantasy, all about a James Bond-type who, each volume, is sent via a high-tech computer into Dimension X, where he tests himself in some quasi-Medieval, fantastical world, scoring with tons of scantily-clad babes along the way.

Joe Kenney's above excerpted review of the first novel mentions that the word "fellatrix" appears multiple times, but I still think it downplays how libertine these societies that our hero Blade visits are. In Killer Plants of Binnark Blade is held prisoner, we are given an almost lustful description of the deterioration of Blades body in captivity and then some guy comes in to interrogate Blade and one of the first things he asks is if Blade has had sex with his daughter yet.

My take away was that it is a good thing for Richard Blade that the he can never visit the same dimension twice because he does not use protection. This is a series about an interdimensional deadbeat dad.

Finally, don't worry Blade is whisked back to his own dimension before he has the opportunity to consummate his marriage to the 14 year old.

Here's Some more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon Meshi for Dungeons and Dragons: Ape to Bear

 I was talking to a friend on twitter. This is my one internet friend I have who I met in person at a con. He wanted a supplement based on s...