Tuesday, March 9, 2021

NIght's Dark Terror Session Report: Wandering Around in a Field

 At the beginning of the session I tried a cute trick to find out the thief’s name. I said, “hey I noticed everyone else has the name of their character on their little roll20 token except the thief.” “yeah the thief’s name is too long,” said someone who was not playing the thief. The guy playing the thief said nothing. So, as I write this I still don’t know the name of the thief he is only ever referred to as the thief.

Anyway, session 4 started on a mission to go to some place marked with a question mark on the map we found at Scrud Pud’s house. This was kind of a bad idea; it turned out but first we met a weird horse dude and killed the ferry owner from the first session (my god said it was ok. he was a douche).

He was a centaur and he could turn into a horse. I had so many questions but my character didn’t know him well enough to ask any of them. My character is a respecter of boundaries. 

 


much better.

This is the picture the dm provided,much too sexy. Frankly it's distracting.


Anyway, this horse dude tells us that he doesn’t like the guy we are working for and we are like, “neither do we, so, do you want us to kill him?” He starts backpedaling. Turns out he is more of a reformer than a revolutionary. He just wants us to tell the guy to be nicer to horses or something. Also, his name is just the Russian word for horse.

He takes us to the place we are going and lets us know we will all die if we go in there. We poke around for a bit and decide that we agree with him. This is really the OSR lesson for our 5th edition players. There is no overarching story and you get to pick your battles and picking your battles is part of the skill of this style of playing. ok. editorializing over. 

The blurriness of my camera makes them even spookier

Horse man is surprised we are still alive and offers to take us to some elves to get some magic so we won’t die to all the spooky business we just encountered (it was too spooky to even mention in this recap).

Of course the elves have some stupid problem we have to deal with so we go to some island and commit some war crimes to take care of the problem. There was another spooky place on the island but we were not in the mood.

Yeah. no thank you.

 
Then we had a party with the elves. We were all such good time boys (and girls) that the elves said we should go hang out with the dwarves next.


The end



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dungeon Meshi for Dungeons and Dragons: Ape to Bear

 I was talking to a friend on twitter. This is my one internet friend I have who I met in person at a con. He wanted a supplement based on s...